Longview apartment units damaged in fire

0
693
(Longview Fire Dept.)

LONGVIEW, Wash. (NWNN) – Two apartment units are damaged after a fire in the attic.

Crews say it happened Wednesday morning on the 1500 block of Beech Street.

When they got to the scene firefighters found smoke coming out of the attic space.

They also saw a woman staring out of the window right next to the unit on fire. A crowd of people were pounding on the woman’s door trying to get her out of the building. Eventually crew members had to force their way into her unit to evacuate her to safety.

It took firefighters nearly an hour to get the fire under control.

Investigators said the fire started in a clothes dryer vent. Two units have been damaged to the point that no one can live in them until repaired.

LEAVE A REPLY