One dead and one injured in Kelso house fire

Cowlitz F&R

KELSO Wash. (NWNN) – A man has died and a woman treated for smoke inhalation after an early morning fire devastates a Kelso home.

Authorities say crews responded to a structure fire early Friday morning in the 2400 block of Burcham Street and arrived to find heavy smoke and fire coming from the rear of the two story home.

According to crews on scene, a woman in her early forties, was awake when she heard the smoke alarm activate.  She tried to alert the other resident of the home, but was overcome by smoke.

The female resident escaped with three dogs, but a 45-year-old man was found by firefighters, in his room, deceased.

The fire is under investigation.